Saturday, February 19, 2011

Very Cool Find: hitRECord.org


Ever heard of this?  Today I discovered actor Joseph Gordon Levitt's website www.hitrecord.org.


HitRECord started five years ago as an online community for artists from around the world to collaborate on homemade projects; different individuals provide the writing, the visuals, and the audio which are combined in various ways including to make short films.


 
As of 2010, Joe's website evolved into a full fledged professional production company which has since screened at the Sundance Film Festival and South by Southwest.  Profits of any successful project are distributed among it's online collaborators!  How cool is this?  Below is a video with Joe explaining the concept of the site in his own words:


You can follow Joseph Gordon Levitt on twitter @hitRECordJoe and click here to see the company's site!

2 comments:

  1. I have a very unhealthy obsession with Joseph Gordon-Levitt (did you see him host SNL? I love him!) Anyway, this only makes me love him more. What a great idea. What he said about creating films at festivals reminded me of a short some people in my program did when I was at cannes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH5-GfgENs4

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting concept! I have a good feeling about this one. Interesting to see someone from the "old world" so actively involved in the changing frontier--you'd think someone like him would want the system that pays him to stay on top. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete